Yes, dear Internet, I am still alive. I just turned in my last project of the fall semester. At this time I would like to quote the first line of Neil Gaiman’s blog post from today:
How the hell did it get to be December the 18th? Ohhh. All the links I meant to post. Arghh.
Links, words, pictures, regrets, promises, poetry, brain-fizzling recounts of my days. These and more are on the list of things I should have blogged about during the last couple months. But didn’t. I’m sort of braindead right now, and probably shouldn’t be blogging, but lack of sleep and/or food with nutritional value is affecting my judgment. (Sorry, she says, in a cute little Canadian accent.)
I’m not going to do a 3.5 month hiatus justice in one post, so here’s the Cliff Notes version:
- 19 credit hours at UVU that kicked my butt
- Filled my brain with useful skills in Flash, ActionScript, Flex Builder, Advanced Photoshop, Audacity, how to file a formal complaint with the department head about a horrid class, how to get an A- in a class you almost dropped because you were failing two weeks into it
- Subsequently made my brain squishy by playing stupid Farmville and watching most of seasons 1&2 of Babylon 5 for the first time
- Took up subversive embroidery
- Turned 30
- Watched Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 for the first time
- Blog broke
- Blog restored with a little miracle (named Ben)
- Freelance work picked up (triple fuckin’ YAY)
- Created 3 different working(-ish) website mockups for innergeek.us that I mostly hate now
- Saw one movie in the theater since August (Zombieland)
There are some good things on the list, like learning SKILLZ and moving closer to finishing a second degree (in Teh Inernets, in case you were wondering). And lots of stuff I feel guilty about doing instead of blogging or generally being a useful human being. I mean, I couldn’t even keep up my Twittering. That’s saying something.
Anyway. If you haven’t already given up on me, thank you. You are the bee’s knees. (WhateverTF that means.) I plan to get my shit together over the next two weeks. I’m not traveling for the holidays unless you count Avoiding The Mall Entirely as I drive out for groceries and such. That’s not even possible, though, because I intend to catch at least one movie in the theater which is unavoidably located by the Mall. Crap. Will re-evaluate this scenario later.
Happy 8th night of Hanukkah to my Jewish friends, and Happy Your-Upcoming-Winter-Holiday-Here to everyone else. I hope to interact with you more now that I’m done with the Fall of 2009 that is suddenly and thankfully over.