In no particular order, these are truths that I wish had been falseths this last week.
- Drove through a field of debris on the freeway a couple miles from the Salt Lake airport, which resulted in a flat tire
- Ripped my right pinky fingernail almost all the way off while reaching into my luggage to remove my baggie of liquids
- Like, seriously, about halfway down the nailbed. Bleeding and pain, bleeding and pain.
- We accidentally left homemade fruitcakes (Ben loves them) and a pumpkin roll in the freezer instead of packing them in the suitcase
- Read the departure time incorrectly for the first return flight, somehow ignoring/second-guessing what I did in fact know, and could have easily missed our flight had we not built in a lot of extra time
- Didn’t get to see people or remember to do things (like pack homemade goodies) in the rush to make the flight one hour earlier than expected
- Too much stress
- Not enough sleep
- Never enough time
On the bright side, we had delicious full-percentage beer with tasty BBQ dinner on Sunday night at a fairly busy bar/restaurant with my mom and loud alternative music I consistently loved. A refreshing change from my usual experiences in Utah.
And Cleveland radio stations, damn how I miss you.